View Single Post
June 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Leanne - I haven't seen you around the boards this week, so thought I would check to see how you are doing. Hope all is well, and that you are either busily enjoying your new little one or that you are home on maternity leave relaxing before the big day. Either way, I hope that all is well.

DD's graduation went well. I do think it is quite unfair to ask a mommy 5 days post partum to attend the graduation of her first "baby" while holding her new baby at the same time. I was a bit of a bawling mess. DD was so glad that we were there though so it was worth it. I did get a couple of not so nice remarks from other parents along the lines of I can't believe you would bring such a little baby to something like this.. Um, yeah, well I wasn't going to miss it, and I wasn't going to leave my newborn home with a sitter.

How did things go with your niece's graduation?

We are settling into things slowly but surely. Most days we can manage to get out of the house by noon if we need to, which is an improvement from 2pm at the beginning of last week. Noelle is starting to settle into a bit of a routine some days. And the older kids are adjusting to having a baby in the house. So all in all, things are going really, really well. Noelle was down from her birth weight 12% at her 4 day check, but by last friday at her 2 week was only down 4oz from her starting point. We are pleased, and now that the initial soreness has pretty much gone away, BFing is going well and she seems to be growing every day.
Can't wait to hear how things are going for you. Your little girl will be here any day now