View Single Post
June 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Congrats Jana!

Question for you all..... does anyone know anything about testing with expired tests? Like how long they actually still work reliably. Can you trust a line on an expired test or is it more likely to develop evaps or false positives?

I know I am grasping at straws. I know this probably sounds completely insane, but here's the deal. I've been frustrated because my OPK's aren't changing AT ALL. They are as close to positive as they ever get, and they have stayed that way for days. That NEVER happens. I've always been the kind of person that has to test morning and evening because if I don't I miss my surge.

So DH says "I know why they aren't changing. Can't you use those things as a pregnancy test too." I kind of laugh and said yea sometimes, but AF showed remember." He then reminded me that my last AF was really wonky. Real light... real short. Just ....... off. So I laugh at him and tell him he's rediculous but I'll test. The only test that I have expired in November 2009 and it's one of the +/- tests. Ever since I bought them last year, even a - result showed up light. Well, last night I took one and there is a faint +. So I take another one this morning and again a faint +. I'm thinking it's likely just an evap and that the tests are too old to trust, but DH is convinced now that I am pregnant. GAH! I don't know what the heck to think or do now.

So.... anyone know anything about testing with expired tests?!?

Nevermind. When DH came home from work he stopped and picked up a $ store test. It was stark white so yeah. It sucks, but I suspected the tests were faulty, but was hoping. Hopefully I did ovulate and my OPK's start getting lighter. We should have timed things pretty well I think. Gosh I really hate TTC!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!

Last edited by MountainMomma; June 29th, 2010 at 02:49 PM.