View Single Post
June 16th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally relate to you. I have a 12 yr old step daughter and whenever I ask her to do something or say no to her, she either ignores me or gives me attitude. She has a habit of rolling her eyes in the back of her head. I know a lot of the problem is that her dad won't back me up very often. He wants us to figure things out, but that's not how it works. Her dad teases me, so she thinks it's okay to join in so I'm am usually double teamed. There's so much more, but I just wanted you to know that I totally know where you're coming from. I have talked to my dh, but it helps for a day or two and then that's it. I suggest you talk to your fiance. I would recommend sitting down as a family and figuring out who will discipline the children and get your expectations out. There are counselors out there who can help you with this too. I wish so badly that dh and I had done that before we got married. We walked in with rose colored classes and thought it would all work out, but that was naive. Now, we have a pre-teen and that's hard by itself, but with everything else added, well....I am thinking about the conseling thing myself. Hang in there. I know I can't give you much advice, but I can tell you what I would have done differently. There are success stories, so I know it's possible to work through all of that.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!