View Single Post
July 24th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hiya!
Hi. I am new to the boards but would love to be active in this group. I think it is very important and wonderful.

My name is Ashlee

I live in Maryland *USA*

I am 25 years old

I have an awesome 9-month-old baby boy (Liam)

About my eating disorder:

Type: Anorexia nervosa

Length of time dealing: I just realized it has been 10 years since I was diagnosed!

Am I in recovery: Yes, thankfully

Length of time in recovery: I just hit five years in June

Tools I used in my recovery: Therapy was a biggie (I have had the same therapist for all five of the years I have been in recovery). I was in treatment for quite some time, so I got TONS of skills that when I finally applied them...they worked!! I also moved from my home of origin and struck out on my own, it made a huge difference. Another big thing for me was gaining a bunch of weight because I had to be on meds that made me gain for a liver issue (wonder where that came from!?). I can't explain why it was so freeing, but in my illness I was so controlled and that took the control away and when I stopped the steroids and I was so much heavier...I was the same person. And that was a really wonderful awareness. I gradually balanced to a more normal weight...but it was a really interesting turn of events. Can't say you can really "use" that, but I thought it was important for me.

Anything else? Not really, I have babbled long enough.