View Single Post
July 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Hi I'm Justine mommy of 2, Seamus who just turned 4 and Kieran who is 15mo. Seamus is my special needs kiddo. We've been on a rollercoaster ride since he was born trying to figure everything out and why he is the way he is. The big thing our Pedi keeps looking at is High spectrum Autism(Aspergers, or PPD(? or PDD I get confused)). Recently he got into speech(after 7mo of waiting) and the very first day his speech therapist asked if he'd been evaluated for a Sensory disorder, which he hasn't yet. One of our sessions she had the OT that specializes in Sensory issues come and observe, and she asked me a few questions. The OT said he deffentally has some sort of sensory issue going on. We are looking at the end of August for an official eval since the OT is on vacation till then. But being a naughty me I went looking stuff up and found something that fits him so well its kind of scary Sensory Processing Disorder. So we'll see, but it would be nice to figure him out so we can learn how to help him learn(he's still pretty behind developmentally) and so we wont be as stressed with him.