Topic: Ugh...
View Single Post
July 25th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So we are looking into our 6th and 7th grader taking enrichment type classes at a nearby charter school. We have kind of said we would put them in high school somewhere (probably at this school) starting in 9th or 10th grade and figured this would be a great way for #1 them to get the classes I can't teach like band, art, music ect and #2 get to know other kids before going "full time". Well today my oldest threw me a curve ball and is begging to go to school full time. I am just struggling now really what to do. Ever since we pulled them out of school it has been a battle with her. She is very social and while we are involved in a lot of outside things it doesn't seem to be enough. I don't know if it's her age, and body changing, hormones starting or what but I feel like she hasn't been truly happy since we pulled her out. She never wanted to be home schooled. I just want to do what is best for her but I don't know what is best anymore I feel like she should be allowed to help in the decision making but dh is kind of like taking the stance that "we are the parents". I realize that but it's so hard. If she goes to school full time in the fall it's not going to be the same here during the day without her

I guess I am just looking to see if anyone else has gone through this?