View Single Post
June 19th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay - I don't think we have the option to poll in htis forum...at least not yet.

I am curious about what the ladies that plan to be here for support, etc do & don't want to see in here for info, topics, conversation....as I do think our particular issues vary slightly from simply a single mc...once it starts being seen as a "pattern" other issue comes into play...

Like for instance...do you want there to be no talk of TTC???or warning on TTC topics as in pg loss board?

Do you think there is a difference between talking about ttc (such as charting, temping, opks') and talking about it as a basic idea?

Do you think there shouldn't be talk of pg? I mean if one of us were to get pg - should their pg not be really talked about here - or can they talk here about fears, anxieties, etc...

My feelings:
I guess I ask becasue I understand how scary TTC is after multiple losses. It isn't really about blinkies & cheerleaders anymore...it is about a leap of faith. So I would like to think if someone was having fears & concerns & feeling intimidated about TTC that I could offer some support to them. I don't want to become the new TTC board - not at all - but I do feel (for MYSELF) that I am okay with some talk about it here since it seems so tied into all of the feelings we have about multiple losses.

I also wouldn't have a problem with someone from our group getting pg & tlaking about some of the uneasiness, etc with that. Of course I would maybe have an occassional pang of envy (but not in a bad way) simply becasue we'd all rather be pg than be here...and rather the first pg was successful. But since we are here - would it be okay with you if someone were to tlak abotu their difficult feelings assocaited with being pg again & what all that might mean?

Do you think that if you don't want either of those to ever be a topic - that maybe a subforum for those topics? The reason I ask is this....
I felt lost a bit on JM my last pg. It wasn't planned, but it was there none-the-less. I had fears & worries abotu the pg - but mostly the ladies in pg after loss - had only had 1 loss, many of them also had children..so when I would talk about fears, everyone was so trying to be so positive & sweet & loving - that at times I wasn't completely sure I was understood....like I just needed to know my feelings were okay & normal & that I was strong enough to handle whatever happened - and to maybe even discuss the possiblity of what if it happens again, etc. I don't know if that makes sense... But anyway - I can understand if someone after many losses, has particular struggles with these feelings & I would be okay in trying to offer support to that...since I do know how that feels. I just want to know what others think....

And just so you know - if you want NO ttc/pg talk - I have been there too - so I COMPLETELY understand. I guess I am just trying to wrap my brain around what we all are hoping to gain from the board & what we all hope to be able to communicate about here.

Maybe I don't even totally know yet what I wanted to get from this board. I just know that I have a lot of feelings tied into going through this over & again & I wanted a place to be able to express it all & hope to hear I am not crazy from those that are right there too.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet