View Single Post
September 30th, 2004, 06:28 AM
alyssasmommy2001
I am so upset right now. I just found out yesterday that they cancelled Matt's insurance policy, and didn't bother telling us!!! He went to the pharmacy to get his insulin, and they told him he didn't have insurance anymore, so we couldn't afford the insulin.

They accepted AND CASHED our last check to them, which was for two months worth b/c we were behind. We had fallen behind on it, so I called them and told them I had the money to get us current, and she told me that as long as I sent it out that day, they wouldn't cancel me. So I sent it out certified mail, and called her back and gave her the tracking number, and she told me that they wouldn't cancel.

I called them this morning, and they said that they didn't see the memo and cancelled it, but cashed the check b/c I already owed them. They said that they would give him the insurance back, but that they are not legally allowed to reinstate it without our consent, BUT THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO CALL US AND TELL US WHAT WAS GOING ON!

They told me that all I have to do is send them a letter stating that we want his policy reinstated along with a months premium, and that his policy would be effective again in 30 DAYS!!! WHAT are we supposed to do about diabetic supplies till then???? We have spent $6000.00 on medical bills this year WITH insurance.

And, the reason things are financially tight in the first place, is b/c MY insurance, which I have had WITH maternity coverage since last October, has not covered ANY of my maternity claims, and say they are not going to, just b/c I had insurance with another company just days before they started covering me. WHY does that matter?? I don't have coverage with them NOW, and haven't through the entire pregnancy!!! I cancelled insurance with the previous company last September, and I didn't get preggo till April. So now, just like with Alyssa, we are going to have to pay out of pocket for maternity care, hospital fees, and pediatric care during the hospital stay. I don't know what to do, b/c we don't have the money for all of that.

My head hurts so bad right now, I am so tired of all of this. I hate insurance.