Topic: New Here.....
View Single Post
August 3rd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry to have to welcome you to our board, but I hope find some comfort and support now that you're here.

My situation was similar to yours. I had 3 losses, 2 early and one at 16 weeks. I was tested for everything under the sun and was told that nothing was really wrong with me. When I got pregnant for a 4th time my doctor immediately put me on progesterone (even though I didn't have a deficiency) and baby asprin as a last ditch effort. I was able to carry my rainbow baby to 34 weeks.

Also, while pregnant with Grace I was again tested for clotting factors. Apparently there are some that are only "triggered" while pregnant. My results came back kind of wacky. My lupus test had a part that came back abnormal. I don't have lupus but definitely had some weird mutation happening that didn't show any of the other 3 times I'd been tested for clotting disorders. I stayed on baby asprin throughout the duration of my pregnancy with Grace and wholeheartedly believe that is why I have my baby today.

I guess all I can say is that Augie is right, statistically most women with RPL do eventually have a healthy pregnancy, though as every woman on this board can tell you it is never an easy road. Best of luck to you through all of your testing, if you ever have any questions please feel free to ask!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.