View Single Post
August 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
The formal search has started. They have 8 really really good matches (8 of 8's) and over 40 potential partial matches (7 of 8) and we are going for a 10 of 10. There are NO 6/6 cord blood matches at all but there are over 50 5/6 cord blood matches as well. Suffice it to say we have alot of waiting to do but we have a good strong base to start on.

So they have requested additional testing on 10 potential donors. They can only request 10 at a time so we're starting with the 10 best possibilities and going from there. They want to have 2-3 potential donors just in case... in case one backs out or gets pregnant or something happens to preven them from donating. They say 6-8 weeks and we will be in transplant.

Over the past 2 months I have had this recurring dream that his transplant is Sept 27. This date has no special meaning to me personally. No birthdays, anniversaries, due dates, nothing. Not for me. I don't know why this date has stood out so much and has been in every single dream I have had about transplant. I really am beginning to wonder if this will truly be his special day.

I will say this... to whoever is being tested as his possible donor... thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know whoever you are you are probably not reading this. You likely have no idea who Joey is. But I had to put this out there.

And to all those who have registered as donors, who have responded to the call (or email) to be tested for anyone, and to those who have given such an amazing gift of life... thank you. It is people like you who make this amazing gift possible for children like my son. Someday I hope to meet whoever Joey's donor will be and thank them for all they will do for my son.