Topic: New Here
View Single Post
August 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
A sad, but warm welcome to board. My RE told me to stop taking the baby aspirin because if something goes wrong (i.e. I get in an accident or miscarry) you can't reverse the effects easily. Instead, once I get pregnant, I'll be on Heparin. The reason for my being on it is because I have a clotting disorder.

I would ask about testing. Ask if they'll look for a clotting disorders. Ask about karyotyping. Maybe an HSG? There is a thread in our stickies about the tests that can be done. Another common cause of RPL is an undiagnosed thyroid issue so you should have that checked as well.

For me, I have had everything above and then some done (except for the HSG). The only thing found was the clotting disorder, which my RE doesn't feel caused my losses.

I know the fear of never holding a biological child of your own. DH and I have lost four babies in 3 years time. It's a hard and terrifying journey but am glad you've found us. I hope that you find as much comfort in this board as I have. If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know. Even if you just want someone to talk, I'm here. Also, please feel free to add your family to our dates sticky so that we can add you to our calendar and keep you in mind on those hard days.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)