View Single Post
August 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have very strongly considered counseling re: the birth and the immediate post partum period. Brylie's birth has been very hard on my marriage. Sam and I talked about responsibility and what to expect immediately following, and I feel so betrayed by him. He absolutely did not follow through. He promised me he would take a week off of work, and he was at work the day after we got home from the hospital. I really, really lost a lot of respsect for him that day because I had been up in hard labor for several hours, not slept in the hospital room (while he snoozed away, no one checks the dad every 2 hours, and of course the breastfeeding schedule didn't match up with the routine checks, so I never got to be left alone)....so between the birth trauma I feel, and him really letting me down....I KNOW I need to talk to someone, to save my marriage.

I feel "ashamed" that I feel this way though. I can't make the call

To answer your other question, I really don't think a good therapist would tell you "Your baby is healthy" because obviously every mom wants a healthy baby, but there is so much more that goes into giving birth. I know everyone doesn't feel this way, but I really feel like giving birth was the most defining moment of my life. I knew what I wanted, I knew how to get it. I did my homework, I took care of myself. I was healthy. I took the classes, read every book, did my exercises, ate the right way...and STILL got induced. Not just induced, but an emergency induction and my daughter was born dead. It's horrifying to me, and if a shrink ever told me that my feelings were unfounded because Brylie is healthy...I might go on some kind of killing spree!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth