Pro-life.

Drinking age
Should stay 21

Political stance
Neutral

Selective Service
No opinion.

Gay marriage
Let them do what they want. I don't see how it hurts anyone.

Universal pre-k
? As in making it mandatory? I think it should be available as an option but not mandatory.

Sex education
Important. Should be taught in school. I guess if parents want to opt out for religious reasons and have their child miss that class they should be given that option though.

Vaccinations
I think they're important but I don't see the logic behind injecting a tiny body with so many toxins when it's too young to even digest solid food. Selective, delayed vaxing here.

Sin Tax
Why not...

legalization of marijuana
Not sure

Universal Health care
Good idea in theory.

"performance pay" for teachers
It sounds like a good idea to pay better teachers a higher salary but I don't know much about it. I'm sure there are other factors that affect test scores than just the teacher's abilities.

war
I hate the idea but sometimes it's necessary I guess.

Methods of birth control
Rhythm method "Pull and Pray"er here but to each their own.

How many kids people should have
Not so many that they can't provide financially and give each child the attention they need. And not so many the older kids are raising the younger kids.

Vegetarian/eating meat
Meat eater here but I don't care what's on your plate.

gun control
It seems like I read that countries with gun control had a lower crime rate.... I'll have to look that up again...

death penalty
I think if the crime is something he'd spend life in prison for without possibility of parole and there's DNA evidence or several witnesses proving that he did it with zero question, then for.

circumcision
I thought I was FOR circ'ing until I was carrying a boy. I just couldn't hand my brand new baby over to have the most sensitive part of his body cut with no anisthesia for no medical reason. We have no religious reason to do it so we'd only be doing it for what it looks like and I think weighing whether the look justifies the decrease in feeling is a decision HE should be allowed to make. But I don't care what others do. ... Actually I do care a little. I'm kinda glad it's on the down swing so he won't be odd in the locker room.

Fertility treatments/Assisted reproduction
For. If this helps a couple have a child, why not?

Assisted suicide
For. If it's beyond any doubt what that person really wants. I think legalizing this would lead to "assisted suicides" for inheritance though.

Illegal Immigrants *not immigration POLICY
I sympathize but they need to do it legally. If I wanted to move to New Zealand I would have to do the same.

Gender Selection
It seems really shallow and I don't think it necessary in the US but in other countries where baby girls are aborted, perhaps allowing gender selection would be a good thing.

Fat Tax
Sure. Why not?

Shopping Carts
I'm not leaving my two toddlers alone in the car to walk the cart back. Sorry.

Kids drinking soda/eating candy/poptarts for breakfast
Not great but not exactly poison.

Peanut Butter bans in schools for nut allergies
For. Some kids have a reaction if they just smell peanut butter. I think that child's right to a public education is more important than my child's right to a reeses cup.

VBACs
For if the mother is educated about the risks.

Government involvement in citizens lives
It would depend I guess.

Seat Belt law/ laws to protect citizens from themselves
For.

Unassisted Childbirthing
If the mother knows the risks it's her decision.

Plastic Surgery
Individual choice.

Chili (with or without beans)
WITH! lol Why would you want to just eat seasoned beef with a spoon??

Welfare
It's needed but I think it should be limitted to 5 years. In 5 years the child you weren't expecting would be in school. In 5 years you could have a degree. 5 years should be plenty of time for your case worker to help you get on your feet.

dress codes for school/office
Sure.

Elective C-sections/elective repeat C-Sections
I personally think it's an unnecessary risk but I'm not a doctor.

Introducing solids
6 months +

Car Seats
My 25 pound 17 month old still rides rear facing. Extended rear facing and extended harnessing here. I think if they've found that this is significantly safer then they should change the legal limits.

Spanking
I think time outs work better but as long as you're not abusing your child, it's not my business.

Children and Pets
I have two toddlers and the last thing I want is something else that eats and poops. But if you do, great.

Nursing in Public
Should be allowed.

Cry it Out
Never before 6 months. After that it depends on the child.

Television and Infants/Toddlers
My daughter learned her letters at 16 months because of a DVD. If you put on the right ones, they can be great.

Caring for your elderly parents
Whatever works for each family.

Diamonds
Love

In-N-Out Burger
Quite possibly the best and least expensive fast food joint EVER

Reborn dolls
Creep me out

Homosexual orientation/relationships
Whatever tickles your pickle.

Polyamory
Not for me, but if all are consenting adults, who cares.

Scary movies
Love em.

Transcultural adoption
Personal choice. I don't see it as a problem.

Drug testing welfare recipients
Yes. Welfare is so often abused. If you have money for drugs you have money for food.

"Luxuries" on welfare- vacation, designer accessories, upscale phones, TV w/cable, etc
The money spent on those things could be spent on necessities and you can get off welfare. So I guess against.

Organized religions
Not my thing but I don't care if you on sunday.

Mandatory breastfeeding attempts/prescriptions for formula
No

Family beds
We did this. Whatever works.

TTC on assistance
Why would you have another if you can't make ends meet right now?

Infants/toddlers in bikini style swim suits
Not my daughter but you go for it.

Leash backpacks for kids
Jordana loves hers.

Beauty pageants
Not for kids.

TV watching for kids under age 2
It depends on what they're watching.

Last edited by *~ Joni ~*; August 12th, 2010 at 09:05 PM.