View Single Post
June 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
katy1967
Hi, my name is Katy and I look forward to learning as much as I can from this board.
I have two DD, one is 15 yrs old and one is 11+ months. I am also a member of the Feb 2007 DDC!
With my first DD I went natural. After 10 hours of labor I did ask for the epi but my Dr was dealing with an emergency at his office. How much of an emergency it could have been since it was at the office and not the HOSPITAL WHERE I WAS, I wonder. LOL But 4 hours late my DD was finally born so I was glad I did it without drugs. My 2nd DD didnt turn so I had to have a scheduled C-Section which I thought was horrible. Mind you I did not enjoy labor at all. I thought it was horribly painful. I didnt yell or scream as I have heard of some women doing but cried silently. Just tears streaming down my face unable to utter a sound from the pain. The nurse told my Mom afteward "your daughter doesnt think she did good but let me tell you it was one of the worst labors I have ever witness and she should be so proud of herself" so at least I know I wasnt being a baby about the pain. I have a high pain tolerance and this was just horrible. BUT dealing with the soreness of a section was worse. How do they expect you to care for a newborn when you can barely walk yourself? At least with natural as soon as that head is out of you all the pain goes away. Not the same with the section. OH NO. you are so sore and hurting for days/weeks. Not fun at all.
So I am hoping #3 does not take after Daddy and have a big head so it will turn and be able to come out naturally. #2's head was stuck between my rib cage so I think thats why she never turned.
I look forward to getting to know you all!