View Single Post
August 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Background: I'm 28 and hubby 30. We've been married for 5 years. Have a furbaby boxer Mollie who's almost 4. I've been on birth control from 20 to 27 when hubby went to Iraq I decided to get off bcp cuz i was almost sure I have PCOS. I had symptoms of it in high school, sister has it and all the women on my mom's side of the family have similiar issues. over the year hubby was gone i had 3 periods...my hair growth is aweful in places it shouldn't be, acne has always haunted me oily skin too.

Went to the doc in June where he did diagnose PCOS through a mass of bloodwork and an u/s. He has put me on 1000mg of Metformin daily. I'm just confused a little on the percentage of women that Metformin works for...and is the mentrual cycle what a normal cycle would be for a women with no issues trying??

So my period started natural June 20th and then with i'm assuming Metformin had an odd period July 20th. I say odd cuz it was full force for 2 days nothing the 3rd and 4th day i was spotty. So now it's August 22 and still no period and a little nervous taking a test cuz i don't want the negative sign. Altho earlier this week I did have cramping like AF was coming and she didn't. I want to be hopeful but then again not. UGH.