View Single Post
August 26th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
I didn't even realize there was a thread like this. Totally adding my own awful experience with my firstborn:

I was induced 10 days after my due date, everything went just fine until my doctor came in to break my water, she was so rough there was bleeding with every single thing she did. My husband was horrified at the amount of blood everywhere: on the bed, the floor, me... My doctor had zero bedside manner, in fact, she watched television while I pushed. My nurse was a witch, too; the two of them played off each other. It was a nightmare. Both of them told me not to make any noise when I pushed (which by the way had to be done 100% by myself as the contractions had stopped in spite of my nurse constantly squeezing the pitocin bag). When my daughter was crowning the nurse decided to play with the curls on top of her head (yes, while she's still inside me). My doctor did two episiotomies. After her head was delivered my doctor yanked on it to try to get the rest of her out. She was laid on my stomach, fully covered in blood and not moving. She had respiratory distress and had to be rushed to the NICU after 10+ doctors came in and no one told me what was going on. My doctor also yanked hard on the umbilical cord to deliver the placenta. Another of her patients was delivering across the hall without her and I think she resented me. Afterward I had some bleeding and they had no idea where it was coming from; my doc plarooted around in there and was incredibly rough. She finally gave up and left, after which a wonderful doctor came in and was as gentle as could be, found out my doc had severed a large artery, and stitched it up... All in all I was in the delivery room for 26 hours. My daughter ended up being in the NICU for 2 days. I still contemplate suing my psycho doctor. The woman supposedly had been doing this for 23+ years; silly me, I thought she'd be a pro. And this was in New York City. Just goes to show that idiocy happens anywhere.

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!