View Single Post
June 24th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well - I have seen plenty of Drs.

We have been dignosed with a chromosomal abnormality. So - no more need for further tests really. We got the dignosis a day before we found out we were expecting during this last pg...

So - during this last pg - my RE tested blood levels every other day - which all looked great. Then did early u/s...etc. And told me we had b/o..and did another u/s, etc. In the end - when I mc'd - I didn't have b/o - and we still don't know why we couldn't see the baby on u/s - but anyway...

Dh & I have talked about it. I don't think I want to see a Dr that early the next time. They couldn't truly tell me anything & all it did was give me all these nervous times of waiting on tests results, etc. I don't see how it helped me. There is nothing they could do to help me....and there usually isn't in 1st trimester. Knowing the mc was coming wasn't even really helpful. I would have wondered if I was going to mc anyway - after having 2 previous & then our dignosis - I have a 40% chance that I will mc every time.

So I think we decided that next time to go solo. No early u/s - just prenates & fate. I want to enjoy being pg as much as I can & getting poked & prodded & diagnosed, etc - isn't aiding in the best experience for me. Last time the Dr put me on progesterone & aspirin - but I don't even think I want to do that again. That has never been shown to be low in me anyway - and it was such a high does it made me sooooo sleepy I could barely function at times & was very nervous to drive (and I have a 45min-1hr commute - each way).

I don't think Dr's have ever really helped & when I go in for my next follow-up I think I will tell my OB that I do not want an u/s before 12 wks unless she can explain to me the real benefit & I don't want all the bloodwork either unless again she can tell me what it prevents. Otherwise I am going to try to relax as much as I can & accept whatever happens & try to maintain a little more peace. I just think there is more anxiety added into it when I think of all the stupid Dr appointments, lab draws, etc - in an already busy schedule & then waiting on hearing about the results every day - UGH.

So does that sound crazy? I jsut think waiting to "know" is what makes me so anxious & if I decided ahead of time on giving up on having any absolutes, maybe I won't be so anxious & certainly - it was all money down the toilet - becasue it didn't help us any. I do think it is good to do those things until you have a diagnosis, so maybe it helps determine what is happeneing...but I don't see the point for us now in having all this monitoring. KWIM?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet