View Single Post
June 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For my first two miscarriages I did nothing special and lost the pregnancies. For my most recent two, I did everything--Prometrium, near bed-rest, went to the doctor every week, etc., and still lost the pregnancies. So I think medical intervention did nothing for me. Either they stay or they go and it's pretty much out of my hands. With my most recent, the doctor even suggested the "heroic measures" might have prolonged the inevitable, and he may be right. My stress level right at the end of this pregnancy was unbelievable--although I think I subliminally knew something was wrong. Or maybe it contributed to the loss, I don't know.

If there is a next time, I'm doing nothing until 12 weeks (or longer), like you Beck. I pretty much know the drill and if something happens I can't handle, the ER is just 15 minutes away. Otherwise I'm going to go on with my life and let whatever happens happen. Progesterone makes me go nuts and I didn't like it, although I would be whistling a different tune if it had worked, of course. But it didn't, and I threw away the partial bottle I had left the day I found out the heart beat was gone.

I think that if a person is having multiple losses, that they should of course give these things a try. Maybe they will work for someone, even thought they obviously don't work for everyone. But women should just try not to look at it as something magical that will always work, because that's the way I looked at them, and was bitterly disappointed when they didn't.