View Single Post
August 29th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What I mean by not talk about adoption is, they don't talk about the adoption even in the immediate family. The child knows that they were adopted but they don't know their story, how they came to be placed for adoption. It would be different if the parents didn't know, but they do, they just don't talk to him about it. The mom says "He's part of our family now it doesn't matter how he came to join us."

I agree with Kari and Jessie, if I know why my child was placed for adoption (I realize that won't always be the case, especially if I adopt internationally), then I'll tell them what I know when they have questions. I'll give them age appropriate answers of course, but I'll tell them their story as much of it as I know anyway.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."