View Single Post
June 24th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not really sold one way or the other. Doc sent samples for testing after my 2nd m/c and the initial and final results said the same thing, just trisomy 16. No progesterone issues or anything else, just a bad chromosome mix/split. I hate "not knowing", so I'd prefer to have early and regular u/s to make sure things are progressing or to find out asap if they're not. I get too attached too easily, which just makes it hurt that much more when I lose one. I also don't want another natural m/c if I can avoid it. I want to think that I wouldn't even POAS until AF is late, but not sure my resolve will hold. I'll be to anxious to know one way or another. I'm an analyst at heart and by trade, so the not knowing/have to know kicks in pretty early.

Beyond the early and frequent u/s, though, once my initial/standard bloodwork is done to make sure hcgs and progesterone are good, I wouldn't want more of the same done. Mostly because I hate getting stuck with needles and I bruise for 1-2 weeks afterwards. Also, tracking the numbers would make me insane. As long as they're strong to start with and the doc is happy, I'm good.

But that's just me. I completely understand for those who don't want to do anything until after the first trimester. That's probably my DH, but he'll go with whatever I decide.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10