View Single Post
June 25th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The naming thing is interesting. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it, and I don't really know why. I think it might be because even if I named them, I don't think I could get anyone else to ever use the names (not even DH), and it would be one more thing to feel alone about, that no one but me is acknowledging that my babies had names.
I guess a theme here for me is that I'm really still finding stuff out as I go along (aren't we all). My second loss is so recent, that I'm sure things will seem different farther down the road.[/b]
I didn't name any of my babies until my most recent loss. I don't know why - I didn't feel comfortable with it until then I guess. I know that no one including DH remembers the names I chose - and that is okay with me now. I know them at least & it made me feel like I was fullly acknowledging their existance finally in allowing myself to do that - if that makes sense. I chose: for the twins - Elaina Elise (Bright one/Consecrated to God) and Elijah Ezekial (The Lord is my God/God make me stronger), for the next baby - Hannah Isabella (Grace of God/Consecrated to God) and for the last baby (Anthony Francis (Priceless/Free).

Only do what makes you feel good & comfortable & helps you to heal. I just want you to know that whatever you decide...it is up to you & just because you haven't chose a name yet, doesn't mean you won't ever...and just because others have, doesn't mean you should.

On a separate note, I just wanted to add that I think you have shown amazing courage & insight - especially being that your second loss IS so recent. It takes a lot of time to digest it all & you are definitely an amazingly strong & heartfelt woman. I am often impressed by the insight you share. After my 2nd loss I could barely handle even coming to the board, let alone being able to reach out & share the way you do. It leaves me awe often of you & of several of the other ladies here. (((hugs)))

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet