View Single Post
September 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebutterfly View Post
I never post in here, but I just saw it on the main board and had to stop in and give my two cents. Does she not realize some mom's CAN'T BF?? I am one of them. My milk never came in with either pregnancy. My oldest was practically starving when I tired to BF him because he wasn't getting anything. It's a pretty stupid comment to make IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Wow talk about a slap in the face to those of us who have/had trouble BF'n. My milk never fully came in with either pg. I felt like a loser as is and a law like this would make me feel worse.
ITA! I think it is easy to think that every woman can breastfeed but if you have never had to deal with issues, you really don't know. My ds had failure to thrive. I was only making 2 oz at a time and he was not gaining weight. I worked with a lot of lactation consultants and they were the ones that said I needed to supplement. But, even if that weren't the case, you can't legislate this. Women should be able to decide for themselves what is right and wrong for their own babies.

I think it would be good to create laws that encourage breastfeeding like the reasonable break time for nursing mothers, or making more free breast pumps available for low income families, but not everyone can breastfeed and not everyone wants to.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!