View Single Post
September 2nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ah so yeah, Bishop decided to hold out until Sept 1st. Jason and I are very good at feelings about when our boys would be born. I knew Gage’s and Dane’s and Jason called Bishops. It started to feel right to me the more he said it even though the thought of it was kinda annoying.

Yesterday, August 31st we had to do a few errands when he got home from work. We ran out to the bank and the store. When we left we started talking about how the birth would go. Just casually joking that it would be funny the longer I go gestation wise the shorter my labor would be. We finally got a fridge and after that we promised Gage 5 games of Toy Story 3 Yahtzee. So we played our games, tied 3 and Jason won 2, butthead. Then before I headed to bed at midnight Jason and I were joking once again that if he didn’t come on the 1st our next bet would be Labor Day. So to bed I went.

I woke up once around 2am Jason was finishing a movie and about to head up to bed. I did the usual late night pregnant lady thing and then went back to bed. I woke up around 6am having to use the bathroom. Took me a minute to get out of bed and headed in, did what I had to do and then walked back into our bedroom. Our 2nd floor bathroom is connected to our bedroom. Our Amby Hammock sits right next to our bed in between the bed and the door. All of a sudden I was stopped dead in my tracks with a contraction. I figured it was nothing just Bishop pushing down and me being tired. I got back into bed and attempted to go back to sleep.

However only a matter of minutes later another hit, then another followed by yet another. I had several strong contractions within 30 minutes and I knew that it was it. So I started to wake Jason up. He finally got what I was saying and asked if I was sure, oh, I was sure. So I got up and he grabbed my laptop for me so I could start timing contractions. They were coming 4 minutes apart. I called my midwife and she told me to eat something, continue timing the contractions and call her back at 8am. I called her at 7am so it was an hour to see how things progressed. I labored at the dining table while talking to Jason. He went into his “She’s in labor, must clean mode” which is quite adorable if you ask me haha.

I called her back at 8am, they were 3-4 minutes apart lasting almost 30-60 seconds long. She told me she was going to get everything ready and head over. I honestly lost track of time by then. I know the boys woke up when I was texting with my friend Ginni. I had to assure Gage that everything was okay and we had talked about this. That mama was working hard to bring Bishop into the world and that I was okay and would be okay. He’s my sweetheart, my sensitive baby. I had called my mom after I called my midwife and she was heading home from work to get the boys. She arrived just before my midwife and took the boys with her. According to Jason my midwife showed up around 1030am. He had the tub up and being filled. My contractions were coming quicker and stronger. We got me downstairs and situated. They checked me and I was 5cm and completely thinned out. From there I seemed to hit transition and I hit it hard.

My plan was to have a water birth but we couldn’t get it hot enough. I went from the bathroom to the living area of the playroom. Sitting to kneeling. Then all of a sudden I felt I had to push. Jason told me this was about 40 minutes later from my midwife’s arrival. My midwife assured me it was fine and wanted to check me. I was at 9cm with just a little bit of cervix left. So I could continue to push. Jason helped hold me up on the couch and apply counter pressure to my hips.

At 11:32am, Bishop Theodore entered the world. He was born looking up at Jason (posterior/sunny side up) and has a bruise on his head. I couldn’t have asked for a better support team. My 2 midwives, the physicians student and Jason. Jason was by far my best support. He let me grip his hand with all my might, kept me focused assured me that I could do it and that I will do it.

Bishop Theodore born at home at 11:32am. He was 41 weeks and 3 days gestation and labor from start to finish was 5 ½ hours long. My longest gestation baby and my shortest labor! He is also a champ at nursing which gives me high hopes this time We're all in love, even his big brothers.

September, 1st, 2010 7lbs 14oz (same as dane!) 20 ¾ inches.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story