View Single Post
September 30th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
Quote:
They told me that all I have to do is send them a letter stating that we want his policy reinstated along with a months premium, and that his policy would be effective again in 30 DAYS!!! WHAT are we supposed to do about diabetic supplies till then???? We have spent $6000.00 on medical bills this year WITH insurance.

And, the reason things are financially tight in the first place, is b/c MY insurance, which I have had WITH maternity coverage since last October, has not covered ANY of my maternity claims, and say they are not going to, just b/c I had insurance with another company just days before they started covering me. WHY does that matter?? I don't have coverage with them NOW, and haven't through the entire pregnancy!!! I cancelled insurance with the previous company last September, and I didn't get preggo till April. So now, just like with Alyssa, we are going to have to pay out of pocket for maternity care, hospital fees, and pediatric care during the hospital stay. I don't know what to do, b/c we don't have the money for all of that.[/b]

Well first off I would be typing up a letter and faxing it to their office the next minute, hour, or day demanding that the "idiot" didn't read the memo correctly in the system and cancelled your insurance after you had called and made arrangements because of your husband being a diabetic.

I would ask them for a statement of what they said about being reinstated within 30 days and bring it to your pharmacist and see what they can work with you. Also if you have spent 6000.00 so far this year in medical supplies I would be deducting it off of your taxes at the end of the year, JMHO.

Secondly with the insurance plans.....Once again, as a prior insurance carrier worker..there should be no reason as to why they dont cover you, period. If Matt's insurance was your only means before then Matt's would be primary. Then say you got your a few months later then yours would be primary and Matt's would be secondary. Same with pharmacy information. But insurance companies also have the right to deny information (which I think is totally wrong because of my seizures) due to what they call pre-existing illnesses. But decent insurance carriers will cover all bills depending on your plan (after copays etc) from your coverage start date to your coverage end date. And in a nut shell if you had two insurances you should not of had to pay co pays because they rule each other out except for pharmacy co pays that you have to send into the second carrier on your own and hope for a reimbursement.

I hope this makes sense, I had a hard time understanding what you were trying to say with the insurance companies. If I am wrong then just disregard what I just wrote....lol

But all in all I hope things get worked out with you and your situation real soon.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>