View Single Post
June 25th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I spent the weekend in Vegas with some friends for a bachelorette party. I really wasn't in the mood to go...I hated leaving DH just because we're pretty close and do everything on the weekend's together but I went for my friend. Last night at dinner I was chatting with one of her friends from work. She was telling me about her fiancee and we exchanged horrible mil stories and got good laughs out fo those. So then she says she sometimes wants a baby but just doesn't know. She said she felt she needed to decide quick because time was running out...so i asked ehr how old she was if she didn't mind me asking and she said 43. The she says she's been trying for some time and had that "tube thing" happen...so I say "an etopic?" and she says "yeah that" and then she says before that she had "one that just didn't develop" so I say " a blighted ovum?" and she says" I doon't know...is that what it's called" and her friend from work says "it's like having a hard boiled egg..." I sat there is complete disbelief at how they, she the one with the losses imparticularly, could discuss these m/c's this way and accept and refer to her m/c as a "hardboiled egg". I can't quite figure out why it makes me so mad but it does. She seemed not at all bothered with the losses...maybe that's why I'm made, because she can be so non chalant while I am so debilitated? Perhaps I'm jealous that I can't be that way? I felt angry too that she seemed so ignorant about what occurred to her or anything about ehr body...because she made a comment like "I don't know if there's something wrong, I guess I should go to the dr..." I don't know maybe ti was just the whole conversation that rubbed me wrong...I just wanted to be home and snuggled with DH adn our dog in our bed at home. I couldn't help but think if I was still pg I wouldn't have had to come on this dumb trip to begin with.
I'm probably just irritable and therefore things are bothering me more than usual...who knows.
I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead