Topic: Music?
View Single Post
June 26th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As a doula, I usually encourage mom to bring a few of her favorite cds - a mix. Then I also bring some music, kinda classical with nature sounds int he background - thats the one used the most. I have some that are just nature sounds, some that are just classical, and we usually try several - but hands down MOST moms prefer the classical WITH nature sounds for some reason lol.

The drs even comment that they feel so much better leaving our room, and some will stay and comfort the mom and spend more time after the birth than with other patients - Ive had several drs comment that time flew by, they were so relaxed (we do dim lights and low music in almost every birth ive attended so far).

I think music is great, it really sets the mood - when the lights are low, the music is playing, etc... the nurses will sometimes just peek in and decide to back off - esp if they were just coming in for extra sheets or towels for another room.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>