View Single Post
June 26th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH & I had that discussion last week. I don't want any screening blood tests or u/s until I have to. I know I'll have to have an u/s at around 6 weeks to ensure that it's not another ectopic but only want to know that everything implanted in the right area. I could never abort and we would deal with whatever happened anyways so knowing in advance wouldn't do us any good.

I want to enjoy being pg. I hated knowing that something wasn't right for 2 weeks. It was the worst 2 weeks of my life and I knew there was nothing I could do. I want to be blissfully ignorant and not have any medical intervention. I would rather have nature take it's course than to worry about everything out of my control.

I know some women need to know but after so much heartache I can't stomach the thought of going down that road for me personally. I'd rather be taken by surprise than to know in advance and worry and make things worse with the stress. This last pg I had more blood work and 4 u/s in 11 weeks and still had a bad outcome.