View Single Post
September 8th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been around the last couple of weeks, and I am sorry to have just disappeared like I have. I went to my IPS ultrasound on the 18th and learned that the baby didn't have a heartbeat. The baby seems to have passed earlier that day or the day before (baby still measured over 13 weeks), so I was sent home to wait to miscarry.
I knew that I should come here and let you all know what was going on, but with Declan's birthday and a crazy work schedule, it was everything I could do to keep it together.
I waited two weeks and had no signs of miscarrying, although further ultrasounds showed no change. I had a D&C last Thursday and they have collected tissue for cytogenetic testing, although I don't have a lot of faith in that. Apparently I was bleeding excessively during my D&C, so I have been pretty ill due to blood loss. I am still feeling pretty terrible physically, and I'm not doing very well emotionally, either. I honestly don't think I can do this anymore - physically or emotionally - and giving up our dream of having a baby is.... I don't have words for it, actually. Again, I am sorry to have deserted everyone. I wish you all the best.