View Single Post
September 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Hi Linzie... This is a tough spot. It takes a lot to even realize that the problem is you so good for you mama. I am a firm believer that if the mom is taken care of, so are the kids. How can you be expected to reach your full potential as a caretaker if you are too stressed to take care of yourself? Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Learning Center

"According to Maslow’s theory, if such needs are not satisfied then one’s motivation will arise from the quest to satisfy them. Higher needs such as social needs and esteem are not felt until one has met the needs basic to one’s bodily functioning."

There are support groups put there for many things and although getting to the first one is huge, the one (or so) hours a week is deeply theraputic. For me, it was Al Anon. I was raised by an alcoholic mother and the affects of that came out through becoming a "type A" personality.

You can PM me anytime just for someone to talk to.

This is also a good book. Nourish the mama Amazon.com: Momma Zen: Walking the Crooked Path of Motherhood (9781590302965): Karen Maezen Miller: Books

Happy wife, proud mom and aspiring Lactation Consultant.