View Single Post
September 13th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Dragoness
Abortion: pro-choice 1st trimester, pro-life 3rd trimester, somewhere in between 2nd trimester

Drinking age: arbitrary number

Political stance: liberal, mostly Democrat

Selective Service: I'm not male, so it hasn't come up, but *bleep* the draft

Gay marriage: any two adults should be permitted to marry

Universal pre-k: I am not sure whether universal K+ is working..

Sex education: should be mandatory

Vaccinations: I am FOR them

Sin Tax: good idea, I happily pay it when relevant

legalization of marijuana: FOR it, it is a valuable medicine and a less harmful recreational drug

Universal Health care: FOR it, we need this desperately

"performance pay" for teachers: provided the performance is not BS, it is a great idea

war: against it in most cases

Methods of birth control: I am FOR birth control! Sigh.. maybe in 20 years this issue will be a no-brainer

How many kids people should have: <4, if you are me <=2

Vegetarian/eating meat: let people eat meat but I prefer to eat as little of it as possible

gun control: I hate guns and wish they'd all evaporate

death penalty: for it

circumcision: we practice(d) it and will again if we have another son

Fertility treatments/Assisted reproduction: should be paid for out of pocket if not primary/first kid

Assisted suicide: beats regular suicide.. we let other animals cease to suffer, but not humans.. doesn't sound right to me

Illegal Immigrants *not immigration POLICY: as individuals, I judge each person separately.. but I am not happy with the poor craftsmanship by certain illegals who are employed in construction, and I am not happy with poor service in other industries..

Gender Selection: not a good idea in any place where either gender is more favorable

Fat Tax: depends on what.. if on things fat people are going to actually cost more money for, then perhaps. And I say this as a formerly obese person who fights obesity daily, and not just some judgmental skinny person.

Shopping Carts: are a good idea to use in stores

Kids drinking soda/eating candy/poptarts for breakfast: the first two should be served rarely, the third at least pretends to be fortified

Peanut Butter bans in schools for nut allergies: sucks but if my kid were the allergic one I'd hope the school administration would want to keep him alive

VBACs: if you want one, have one

Government involvement in citizens' lives: the government is very involved in our lives, depending on which half of the political crap pile you are on. I prefer the Democratic method.

Seat Belt law/ laws to protect citizens from themselves: haha, I heard of at least one militant anti-seat-belter who would've had his life saved if he'd not been such a jerk about it.. just saying.

Unassisted Childbirthing: is not for me

Plastic Surgery: is mostly not for me and should be paid for out of pocket in frivolous cases

Chili (with or without beans): beans, of course!

Welfare: is often misused and gives people a bad impression of users of it

dress codes for school/office: should include COMFORTABLE clothing.. who on Earth thought people could work efficiently in stiff suits and itchy nylons? Not to mention collared shirts, ties, button-up shirts.. horrors. I don't even care what it LOOKS like; it feels bad.

Elective C-sections/elective repeat C-Sections: I trust what my doctor says in my case and think families should do similar, or their own research if they do not trust.

Introducing solids: I trusted what my son's doctor said (5mo) and it worked for us

Car Seats: For

Spanking: Against

Children and Pets: should be nice to each other

Nursing in Public: For

Cry it Out: I am for it in theory but against it in practice

Television and Infants/Toddlers: it's been a really good babysitter for a child who wants constant stimulation

Caring for your elderly parents: against, but that pertains to ME caring for MY parents

Diamonds: look pretty in the center of my wedding ring set

In-N-Out Burger: is absolutely delicious and the closest thing to real food you will find at fast food joints

Reborn dolls: never heard of them; sounds scary

Homosexual orientation/relationships: I believe that being gay is part of being you, if you are gay.

Polyamory: a cross between "it could work for me if I weren't with someone who prefers monogamy" and "dear God, that would just be the biggest cluster*bleep* ever"

Scary movies: not for me; not entertaining

Transcultural adoption: any adoption of children who need it is a **** good thing; let the newly married gay coupled in there first.

Drug testing welfare recipients: I'm being all heartless again, but I think that if one must pass a drug test for employment, one must pass one for free money.

"Luxuries" on welfare- vacation, designer accessories, upscale phones, TV w/cable, etc: against

Organized religions: against

Mandatory breastfeeding attempts/prescriptions for formula: against

Family beds: are not for us

TTC on assistance: I don't agree with it, sorry.

Infants/toddlers in bikini style swim suits: I feel sort of sick when I see this, actually

Leash backpacks for kids: are better than dead kids who didn't follow directions

Beauty pageants: against

TV watching for kids under age 2: for

Last edited by Jintana; September 13th, 2010 at 11:33 PM.