View Single Post
September 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
This is certainly not what this board was designed to be and not something that I want it to be, frankly. I understand that we have things that we need to complaint about and vent about and honestly my step-kids are difficult and their mom makes life difficult and it's hard. But I think if we dwell on the bad, it can be bad for us. I would never say that someone couldn't complain about their situation, but I don't want anyone to feel like that can't post feel good posts because their situation is like that, kwim?

I dunno. Why can't we have both here on this board?
Not saying we can't - that would be nice. People do post feel good posts here as well both Chantelle & I have in the last couple of months because we've actually got to spend time with our stepkids and it went well. But the majority is venting and/or figure out how to deal with a situation regarding our blended families - not usually positive situation because they don't need figuring out.

It's great to know we're not alone. Just because it's negative doesn't mean it's not good - I mean it's therapy Plus it great to know that you aren't the only one who feels a certain way or goes through things. Our friends who aren't part of blended families just can't understand.

I love this board because when I posted about my situation with my dh's dd on another parenting board, I was treated like evil incarnate. How dare I not like an innocent child? It's not her fault yadayada. Even though she almost wrecked my marriage I was supposed to love her and allow her to abuse me & my children. I came here and got a ton of understanding and support because the ladies here got it.

Unfortunately usually the struggles outnumber the wins And when I've tried to post off-topic threads, I've gotten no responses. Perhaps I'm just not good at it I hope you can get it going more because this is a great group!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah