View Single Post
September 16th, 2010, 06:33 AM
MELANIE
Let's just say that this pregnancy was by far totally opposite than with Emmie. There was only nausea in the beginning and a lot more tired (which of course I chalk up to chasing a toddler around).

We had been worry free for all tests and went in for the big U/S and were so excited to see we were having a son. This was at 18 weeks... At 22 weeks I started spotting and talked with my doc and she stated to keep an eye on it and that to be honest there was no reason to come in because at 22 weeks there was nothing that could be done because baby was not at viability. I stayed home a few days and then it all went back to normal.

I had my 2nd spotting episode at 28 weeks (I believe) - this time I just kept an eye on it because it was like the last time and knew that it was probably nothing - because at the anatomy scan it was determined that I had marginal placenta previa and they say spotting/bleeding can be a symptom.

Well at 30 weeks I had a bigger bleed that was big enough to scare the crap out of me and for me to call an ambulance - I stayed in the hospital for 4 days and was sent home with modified bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy and that if I bled again to come right back. I was home for 4 days and then bled again.

So back to the hospital we went (July 25th) and this is where I remained for the duration of my pregnancy. While in the hospital I had 2 additional bleeds and 1 pre-term labor scare. I was happy to be there because I knew that if anything happened then I was in the right place but in the same aspect I was missing my home so much - I was missing out on raising my 20 month old child and missing out of her learning and growing. I missed out on family coming into town and just living every day life. I did have a few sad days but for the most part I was the perky little patient. I also spent my 37th birthday in the hospital and my family came up and brought cupcakes and visited.

Delivery Date had been set for September 1 - 37 weeks and 1 day... Well 1 week before on August 24th, I had another bleeding episode and then started contracting pretty regularly... So much that they moved me from the Antepartum Ward over to L&D for monitoring... I called Hubby and he actually ended up getting a speeding ticket on the way to the hospital and told the cop that his wife was in labor (let me tell you that cops don't believe this at all)... So we stayed in L&D for 6 hours only to hear false alarm and they sent me back to Antepartum where I stayed until the day.

September 1 - 6:30am I am wheeled over to the L&D Triage room which is also the OR waiting area - I talked with different doctors and stuff and the longer I waited the more nervous I got. They rolled me back into the OR and had me get on that TINY little table - set me up for spinal (which I was super nervous about because my epidural didn't work with Emmie) well this time it kicked in and my doc tested me and told me that she tested me with out me knowing and I told her that I didn't feel it and that she could test me a couple more times if she wanted and she said well I did because I just did the first cut..

Hubby then came in and he did absolutely fantastic. Surgery took a lot less time than expected - because this was my 2nd c-section - they didn't know how much scar tissue or anything there would be - she said there was hardly any... She did the first cut I think at 7:58am and he was born at 8:16am.

Hubby went with the baby and doc finished my surgery and my tubal at the same time... It was a surreal moment for sure...

It took about 8 hours for the spinal to completely wear off and it did make me a little sick but I pulled through....

Stats: 8lb 4.1 oz --- 18.5" (which we think is wrong because of his two week stats)

2 week Stats: 9lb 4 oz - 20.5" (I doubt he grew 2" in two weeks)

So we are now a complete family and all doing fantastic!!!

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy