View Single Post
September 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I'm more of a lurker. My husband is a military contractor out to Iraq. (He's gone 8 months out of the year) We have 3 kids. 5.5, 4.5 and 1. Preg with #4. The 1st two were born in a hospital NCB with midwives. The 3rd we got a doctor who tried his hardest to intervene at every turn. It's only by my strong-will and well researched knowledge of doctors in the "baby business"- that I survived and was stand up for myself and deliver Naturally without him. He wasn't happy with me. But there was nothing wrong with me or the baby. She was born healthy at 9lbs 4oz. This guy is insane and should be stripped of his practice. He wanted to induce me at 39 wks because he was going on vacation. He wanted to give me pitocin when I was in full blown labor. (total labor time was 3.5 hrs.) He wanted to do internal monitoring for no reason. I refused all IVs. And after the Int Monitor thing I refused to be monitored. It was a nightmare until that man left the room.
So with number 4 we have a great midwife and are planning to do the wonderful homebirth I've always wanted.