View Single Post
September 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Ayla 11/8/10
THank you so much ladies! I do feel as though I know my body knows what to do - I have just never had a homebirth and want to touch in with those more experienced. Thanks for all the advice and tips. I will definitely look into the Emergency Birth kit and stories! I guess my only real concern is what to do about my 4 & 2yr old as they are home with me. I can't even so much as take a shower without worrying what my 2yr old is doing nevermind having a baby. Fortunately, yes, there is a firestation actually a mile away - very convenient if need be, but I'm with ya - why call them if there really is no emergency, right?

I guess my last question is how much blood loss is too much? Regular births are pretty messy and I've never seen how much blood is involved as I have only been cleaned up by nurses... I'm guessing if it's gushing that's probably a good reason to call 911... aah. I think this would be an uncomplicated birth but of course in the back of my mind I'm worried that Murphy's Law will hit and if I'm delivering at home alone, this would be the problematic one... aah!