View Single Post
September 20th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I woke up at 5:30am on Saturday, September 11 from a small gush of liquid which I thought was amniotic fluid. DH and I decided to go in and get checked out just to be sure. I called L&D then made me walk around for 10 min and call back with an update. I walked and walked and no more liquid came out, but they still asked me to come to L&D to make sure bag not leaking.
We got to the hospital by 8 am. I was sure this was going to be a false alarm, it was a beautiful sunny morning, everything was so peaceful, my contractions were at around 15 - 20 min and did not hurt. I always imagined arriving to the hospital in pain or even on an ambulance...
I was hocked up to monitors right away and they checked if I was losing amniotic fluid about 30 minutes later. "Oddly enough" I did not have a leak... After checking me for dilation, nurse told me that I will most likely be admitted because I was at 5+ cm and my bag was going to bunging, she said it was "paper thin". Doctor agreed with the nurse and estimated that I would have my baby by dinner time - 6 pm. Nurse installed an IV for Strep B. By 9:30 I was taken to the delivery room.

From then on everything happened really fast:

10 am - doctor came in and broke my water. Oh my god! There was so much water, it kept coming and coming... As soon as my water broke I started having STRONG contractions - every 4 - 6 min. I am not sure why, but doctor decided to use some type of medicine to get my contractions closer. Over the next hour I had enough of pain and decided to get an Epi

11: 20 am - Epi guy was held up somewhere else in the hospital and I ended up waiting whole 40 minutes... Ouchhhh!!!! I went from 5.5 cm to 9 cm over the course of this hour. Doctor changed his birth estimation to 4 pm. He said pushing usually takes two hours.

12 am - Epi guy arrived!!!! It took him about 20 minutes to get epidural going. It did not hurt one bit!!!! He was a real pro! Another 20 minutes till contraction pain went away. And then I was in heaven!

12: 40 - I had a feeling that it was time to push and doctor confirmed that I was 10 cm dilated.

12 :50 - Nurse explained how to push and I started pushing.

1:30 - Our beautiful baby boy made his grand entry into the world. Daddy cut the cord while Milan was resting on my belly.

We are so in love with our perfect little boy.

Milan's stats:
Born on September 11, 2010 at 1:30pm
50.5 cm /19.9 inches long
weight - 3.575 kg / 7 lb 14 oz

Thanks for reading!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Last edited by Kumii; September 20th, 2010 at 04:44 AM.