Topic: let's hear...
View Single Post
September 21st, 2010, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Makenna Lauryn~ I saw McKenna one day long before I was pregnant and suggested it. DH didn't like it. I loved the nn "kenna" and thought okay, I could use Kendra instead. Then when we got pregnant, I met a little girl named Makena, but everyone said her name wrong. So I decided to spell it Makenna and DH ended up liking it! We didn't pick her mn until the hospital. Lauryn wasn't even on a list of ones I liked, but for some reason it popped up and we love it! We almost went with Makenna Rylee. We had Archer William picked out if she was a boy since the gender was a surprise.

Olivia Kate~ We didn't pick out names until I was 7 days overdue and heading into my induction. Which was frustrating b/c I had wanted to talk about them MONTHS ago obviously, lol. I really liked Sophia, and wanted to use Sophia Kate. DH didn't like it. I didn't like Olivia at first b/c I thought you had to say "O"-livia vs. "uh"-livia. But many ppl I talked to said it the second way and a pronounciation website even said you could say them either way. So we say "uh-livia". I loved the nn Livy. Kate is b/c it is cute and my sister is Katherine, nn "Katie". I almost went with "Katelyn" to mimic the style in Makenna's mn. We didn't decide until after she was born. Gender was a surprise again so if she was a boy, we might have used Cohen Theodore.