Topic: let's hear...
View Single Post
September 21st, 2010, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca Michelle - When I was about 8 years old I decided my first daughter would be Rebecca Lynne. When I got pregnant at 20, I changed it to Rebecca Ann (Ann is my middle name). On my due date, I decided I didn't want Ann anymore, but it would be cool if we named her Rebecca James because James is DH's middle name and it's not too masculine and it sounded cute, but DH didn't like it. So one day I was having lunch with my dad and he said, "Why are you naming her Rebecca? what about Michelle? Michelle is a nice name." A few nights later DH and I were in bed running through names and I said "Rebecca Michelle?" and he said, "I was just going to say that!" so there it was. In hindsight, I REALLY wish we had stuck with Rebecca Ann. I regret it every day!

Nathan Christopher - Before I was even pregnant DH and I knew if we had a boy he would be named Nathan. Initially it was going to be Nathan Parker, but then DH decided he really wanted him named after him (DH's first name is Christopher) and what was I going to say to that? No, you can't name your son after you? If I had MY way, he would be Nathan Connor, but DH didn't like Connor.

It really bothers me that Nathan is named after DH and Rebecca isn't named after anybody, which is why I wish we had named her Rebecca Ann, or gave Nathan his own name, too. Although "Rebecca" is a very special name to me, having had it picked out more than a decade before it was needed, so I guess that's something. and I guess I am okay with not loving their middle names 100% since I got my way with the first names (even though DH liked them too.)