View Single Post
June 28th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We met through a free dating service on UK teletext!! It was almost 9 years ago now, around late August. What's weird is, we were both looking, both lived in Lancashire, it was the first time I had ever posted an advert on something like that, and the first time he had ever looked and replied. I had about 30 calls to listen to from my advert and his was the first one I picked...we called each other a few times, realised we had plenty in common, met up in a pub near where I lived at the time and drove up to the Middlebrook Centre in Bolton on our first date, went bowling and saw a movie and had a meal. We really clicked and carried on seeing each other...

Years have gone by and in that time I moved in with him for a while in Preston, we broke up and got back together several times, and then we bought a house together in Horwich...just around the corner from the Middlebrook Centre...

We got engaged last year on Valentine's in the same cinema where we had our first date! We had gone to see Meet the Fockers and he had it all planned, if it was a great film he would propose at the end, and if it was crap he wouldn't bother and wait for a better moment! It was a great film, so he stopped me from leaving at the end, said "I've got something to ask you" and then came out with "will you marry me?" and produced a ring (not the right size but it was symbolic, we bought a more expensive one later) and it was the most romantic thing that ever happened to me, we both cried a lot.

We're planning to get married while I'm off on maternity leave and have time to arrange it!