View Single Post
June 28th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you've got a lot of emotional stuff going on right now and EACH of them is enough by itself! So first,

The only thing that jumps to mind as a suggestion is to choose a house or rent a hotel room and a couple of babysitters, and provide movies, pizza, and popcorn for them. Your mom offered to help, so maybe she could pitch in for this? You could really ask anyone forcing the kids issue to pony up for part of that. Then the kids get a party, too, but everyone gets to have fun in an atmosphere that suits them best - adults only and kids only.

I'm sure you'll find the right way to handle it. My DH's family has some of the same sorts you're dealing with and we finally decided that we really don't care if they get p***** off, because they're not worth our time or energy. That was easy for him, HUGE for me to do, but it was necessary and helped so much. Given the nature of the original issue, I wouldn't feel a bit bad telling them where they can go and what they can do with themselves, if you truly don't want a continuing relationship with them.

OK, hope that helped some and didn't just get you riled up more instead. I'm sure the other ladies will have some great suggestions for you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10