View Single Post
September 22nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Team Blue Mama of Two
what do you think a naming style says about you as a person or as a parent? I think it can reflect the PERSONALITY of the parent, and perhaps the ethnic background you are coming from, but I don't think it says much about you as a PARENT. Your actions speak louder in that department than what you choose to name your child.

Do you think a naming style reflects who you are as a person and who you hope your children will in turn become? I think that the way I went about choosing my son's name reflect who I am as a person (biblical and family references). The fact that I chose a biblical fn for my son reflects my hope and desire for him to follow in the religious faith of his parents.

Do your choices in anyway reflect how you parent/will parent?I think an emphasis on family relationships and the importance of our faith are both reflected in the name I chose for my son. As for my actual parenting style, I don't think what I choose to name my son really plays into that.

Do you have judgements or opinions on those who have an opposite naming style of your own? I am pretty tolerant of other people's naming styles... I hear a lot of names as a teacher! The only time I feel judgemental is if the name is an obvious target for teasing, or if a name has been "creatively" spelled to the point of ridiculousness.

If you have children, does the image of the name on a child in your mind fit your actual child? Absolutely.