View Single Post
September 23rd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. I am a lurker here and hoping you don't mind me asking a question. DH and I are going to be TTC #3 soon and we are hoping for a homebirth this time. I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old, and by the hopeful time of delivery they will be 8 and 3. Well, I am wondering what do you do with your kids when you have a homebirth? I am thinking I will allow my dd (the 7 yo) to make the choice about being in the room when I deliver, but my ds I am a little apprehensive about. He gets extremely upset when I get hurt or sick so I don't know how he would handle it. I don't want them to leave the house because we want the immediate family bonding after the baby is born but I am not sure what to do with him. Do any of you BTDT have any suggestions? I know it sounds silly, but I am afraid of traumatizing my ds, not by the birth but him seeing me going through the pain. I know I am jumping the gun on worrying about this, but I just want all my ducks in a row so that I have less things to worry about when I am pregnant.