View Single Post
September 23rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My first home birth my oldest was almost 3. He was fine for awhile but when I hit transition I needed him to be taken away because I was afraid I'd scare him. So my mom came and got him.

My 2nd home birth he was 4.5 and I had a 1.5 year old. My 1.5yo had no clue what was going on when I was in labor. But I knew from several midwife appointments my oldest COULD NOT be there. He made it very clear he was afraid of me being in pain and his worry made me sad. I had to reassure them several times during my BP check at a regular visit I was okay. They weren't hurting me but it still upset him. So when I was in labor I called my mom immediately to come get them. He did see me during some contractions but they weren't hard yet. He was already concerned and from what my mom told me while they were at her house (my labor was 5.5 hours) that he kept asking about me and if I was okay.

I'm glad i made the choice for them to go somewhere else. Especially for my oldest he just couldn't handle me being in pain. He asked for about 3 days after my youngests birth if I was okay and not in pain anymore. I did explain to him that I would be in pain but it was a good thing, it meant his little brother was on his way.

My 1.5yo only cared about me getting him a drink and num nums haha. But it was easier having him go to my moms because he's my baby boy, my snuggler. He wanted to be with me and it wouldnt have worked well.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story