View Single Post
September 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just wrote a note to my midwife from my last pregnancy/birth...she was part of the birthing center in the town I delivered in...which is now closed....she did quit before it closed so she may not be interested....

Anyway the other midwives still practice midwifery but I didn't know any of them personally AND they charge the upper end of the "average" for homebirth midwives that I've seen....I'm having a hard time finding others in the area...so I went out on a limb and wrote my old midwife a note and asked if she was interested in being our midwife in the event dh said yes to a homebirth (my thinking is he might be more comfy knowing the mw already)....and then I said if she isn't interested I was pretty sure I had heard she was still serving as a doula for other couples...I asked how much she charged and asked IF I ended up at a hossy which one would she recommend for the most "natural" birth experience....

Crossing fingers I get a positive response. I really really really would love to have her again...I doubt I will I think she's moved on to another career (acting)....but just MAYBE she'd be interested....worst she can say is NO and then I'm in the same spot I'm in now!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.