Girl Names - WDYT?
View Single Post
September 23rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Needles, CA
I never have a problem coming up with them, I just have a problem narrowing down to one. We're not even pregnant yet but I've been thinking about a list, I had it on a back burner for a while and it's been falling into the forefront of my mind lately so I thought I'd share it and get your opinions...I like names that have a great significance, not so much on family but a strong biblical character or historical character...DH is ok as long as its a 'normal-old schoolish' name.
- I really like it and so does DH, I always liked Helen Keller.
- Yes the MN is spelled like that bc its after MIL. I am not a huge huge fan of Janessa but it sounded good together and I like the NN 'nessie' .. I can't use Vanessa because that is our niece's mn, I know it might still be up for grabs I just don't like using names other family members have used, just a pet peeve.
- I'm worried it might sound too cliche' after the characters Naomi and Ruth in the bible, but I like how they sound together and I really love the characters.
- I like the character Harriet Tubman & I love the nn Hattie, surprisingly DH likes it too.
- In all honesty IDK if this should really be on the list but I like the nn Dory, have no MN or character behind it.
- I have always liked the name Ava but worried about its popularity.
- I love the name Juliet, I think its one of the most beautiful sounding names. And Florence is after my g.grandmother whom I never met but always heard stories about what a wonderful woman she was.
- I had a dream about 5 months ago that I gave birth to a baby girl and her name was Maggie, and Edan is my maternal grandmother's name whom I absolutely adore and would love to honor her with a namesake. She's one of those gals who won't let you get away with anything but will support you no matter what.
- Hazel is DH's grandma's name and Sara is a name we both really like.
- Not after the TV show, I just always liked it because it means "Happiness"
So, what do you think?
, 27 - single mom to
View Public Profile
Find all posts by rubyredslipperz