View Single Post
September 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK!!! Well I got a response from the insurance company...and they DO cover midwifery care. YAY!!! I'm not sure how MUCH they'll cover (as in what they will want to negotiate to)....but as long as deductible is met, they'll cover 80-100% after that (it was hard to understand the mumbo jumbo)...and that is if we file THIS year on our current plan. Josh can change his plan at the beginning of the year to a plan that would provide better coverage if we wish....otherwise we'd have a new deductible after the first of the year. Which we would have regardless to where we birth. I'm not sure if insurance will accept a "future" bill though???Do you all know? Like if I had them file for it this year but it includes all prenatal and postpartum appointments?

I tried to find how much this part of the prenatal stuff woudl cost at an OB...like how much each appt and urine-analysis and all that jazz would cost....I'd like to see if they can get what they can fromt he insurance and then pay what is left.....

I dont even know if I will be ABLE to worry about it...but it is reassuring that they'll at least cover it...OH and there is one CNM on the team in the group that is near....and she is an approved provider thru my insurance so it's not even out of network! yeah!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.