View Single Post
September 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there.

I'm Veann, Mommy to Lucius (February 13, 2009) and pregnant with Baby Pickles, who is due somewhere around March 29, 2011. We won't be finding out Baby Pickles' sex until birth because we are going without ultrasounds.

Lucius was born in a freestanding birth center, drug and intervention-free attended by midwives. I carried him for forty-two weeks and three days and labor lasted two days on prodromal and twenty-nine hours and forty-one minutes of hard labor. He was in the perfect position for birth though and came out perfect, healthy, very little cone-head and didn't even get jaundiced. He got perfect APGAR scores and was alert, a nursing champ from the start and just an all-around fantastic and healthy newborn. I really think my birthing experience with him was as close to perfect as one can get.

I moved far away from my midwife that I love, so now I must work with another. In the Buffalo area, we only have one option for a homebirth midwife. We want a homebirth and fear going unassisted, so we will very likely work with the one midwife. I'm sure I'll like her more once I've spent more time with her. We've only met up once so far and it wasn't even a real appointment.

I do not worry at all about going without ultrasounds and am fully prepared to go "post-dates" and let Baby Pickles come when ready. I am really hoping that my homebirth experience is fantastic and as close to perfect as my birth with Lucius was.