View Single Post
September 29th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not uncommon for you to get a positive OPK and then not ovulate. Sometimes the body builds the LH surge (which is what the OPK tests for) and then for whatever reason (stress, travel, illness etc) just doesn't release the egg. I would imagine that the second bit of cramping you felt was your actual Ovulation. Also, most women do not feel implantation, so I wouldn't count yourself out until AF shows.

I have taken 3 rounds of Clomid in combination with and hcg trigger for Oing. 2 of those cycles were IUI cycles. I have unexplained infertility, so we were just trying to control and monitor my Ovulation. I had the typical side effects from the Clomid- hot flashes being the worst and it was over in only a few days. I understand that taking that 1st step into getting help with TTC is scary and drugs on top of that makes it worse. The way I looked at it was that this is something that can help me acheive my dream of a pregnancy (and I did get a BFP, but m/c'ed), and there are tons of other women in the world who have taken it and been successful. I gave it a shot for the first time and felt that it was the right step for us. Ultimately the decision comes down to you and I hope that whatever you decide will bring you that BFP!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!