View Single Post
September 30th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
last night we had a girls dinner party/baby shower for my friend sabina who is due on the 10th of october. we all had a great time. at the end of the evening when everyone was inching towards the door my friend martha announced to us all that she's pregnant with her second child. of course i'm happy for her and her husband but as you ladies can understand, it's a bittersweet feeling. well, the kicker was when someone asked how long they had been trying for and she said they got pregnant on the first try and that she must be super fertile. i felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach. mind you, she got pregnant with her first on their first try (on their honeymoon). after everyone left i broke into tears on my friend christina's shoulder (she is the only one in that group of friends that knows about our TTC issues).

when i got home DH saw me and immediately could tell that something was wrong and so i told him (and burst into tears again). before going to bed DH told me he had something to tell me but i had to promise first that i wouldn't be mad. dun-dun-dun-duuuuuuuun. so, he tells me that i'm going to be an aunt. for a second it didn't register then i understood. my SIL is pregnant. of course the floodgates opened again. she's 21 and in her 3rd year at university. she's been with her boyfriend for a year and half. i have no idea how they are going to make this work (he lives and works in milan which is 3+ hours from us).

i felt like i got a sucker punch twice in one night. and it doesn't help that i'm SUPER emotional right now because AF is due any day now...

*sigh* sorry for the long rant ladies.

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.