View Single Post
October 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
Naomi
On Sunday Sept 19th I woke up at 230 am with contractions that were killing me, but they never got closer then 4 mins apart, then at 630 am they stopped completely, DH had to go to work and asked if I thought today was the day. I said Yes I think it is, so stay by your phone ( he works 24 hour shifts) I fell asleep about 7am and got up at 1030 and went to my mom's and had some breakfast, I told her that i had contractions so she said we are going walking. We went to walmart and walked around and the contractions started and stayed at 3 mins apart. We decided to run to Sams club and get a few things that my mom needed and the contractions got to 2 mins apart. I Called my husband and said I'm gonna go to the hospital and get checked out, the contractions are now at 2 mins apart, I'll let you know how it goes.

So we head to the hospital, my mom asked if i wanted tos top and get something to eat in a drive thru just incase this was it beuase i hadn't eaten since 1030 and it was now 230 i said no they will probally just release me anyways. so we go to the hospital i get checked in to L&D triage I was at 2cm they had me get up and walk around for an hour, I walk around and then told i'm at 3 1/2 cm and i'm getting admitted. I called DH and told him this is it, i'm getting admitted it was now 7pm.
they said i could get the epi now but i told them i wasn't ready for it and i wanted to walk and progresson my own for a bit so they said ok, after walking around for an hour i hadn't dialted and the contractions were really starting to hurt me bad so i gave in and at 9pm got the epi at which time they started pitocin, and also broke my water. nothing was happening they kept uping the pitocin every 30 mins. finally at 330 i was feeling the contractions again so the nurse checked me and i was 9 cm, and she told me i had a button on my epi that i can push at anytime (thanks for tellingme sooner, I was in tears becuse it hurt so bad) so i pressed it once and then at 4 am I told my mom that i needed to push she called the nurse in and i was 10 cm i pushed twice, they called the doctor in.. this was it!! i started to panic..

doctor gets there at 405 am i pushed 2 more times, but Ava wasn't coming out and her heart rate dropped and i got oxygen thrown on me, dr says baby needs to get out now, i have to cut you I said ok so on the next push (5 total) Ava was born!! only 17 mins of Pushing and 5 total pushes! I ended up getting cut of course and then the dr told me that i had tore on top of that a stage 3 . ouch. it was very painful once the epi wore off let me tell you! I'm still recovering from it and they said it will take about weeks.. yay....
so ava was born 417am on sept 20th
I remember thinking this isn't so bad, it didn't hurt at all i only pushed 5 times and i have a baby.. it didn't even seem real to me.. I still find my self pinching my self to see if it's all a dream.. We wanted this baby for so long and have tried for so long... and here she was our miracle... not a day goes by that i dont think about how much this little girl was prayed for and the tears and pain we went thru to get her and to get where we are today....