View Single Post
October 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
Pam, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Elijah (one of our name choices if our newest dd had been a boy! Beautiful!) I too lost a son, Joey. We think he died on his due date, I knew for sure then had it confirmed at 40+1 and was induced that night. I, too, wanted to be completely present for his birth. I wanted it to be real...to fully feel Joey's entrance into the world so that I could remember it. Joey was born on 4/4/09. I also have a 6 year old boy Jamie (7/12/04) and a newbie Felicity born 6/9/10. We found out we were pregnant with her on Joey's 6 month angelversary and oddly enough, we found out after we chose her name that Felicity is the Patron Saint of Parents Who Have Lost a Child.

Anyway, you are in my thoughts as you try to make your way through all these emotions that come with losing a baby. As much as when we find out a pregnancy is "doomed" or that our baby has died, as much as we may want to protect our hearts by not getting attached, it is AMAZING how we fall in love with our baby anyway....it just happens. My heart swelled just as much the first time I saw Joey as it did when I saw Felicity and Jamie as well. It truly is the miracle of becoming a parent.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010